Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Project Baby Quilt

I'd seen on Pinterest a few months ago a cute tutorial on a Stripes Baby Quilt, having never done a quilt before it looked easy enough and something that would be fun. So I asked Nikki to partner with me on this project while she was in town during her Christmas vacation. She quickly replied that she was interested and after all the instructions looked like something the two of us could figure out. So yesterday I head over to the fabric store to get the fabric and I'm sitting in the parking lot trying to figure out the instructions on how much fabric to get. I quickly call my mom who immediately helped me figure it out. That should have been my clue #1 that having mom's help might be helpful!
I snagged up this adorable combo and headed home to get things ready for our little project.

So Nikki comes over and we both kind of stare at each other trying to take the instructions and do something with them. While it did take a while to get a plan in place we soon were on our way to kick starting our little project. By the time mom arrived we actually looked like we knew what we were doing!

We cut our pieces and arranged them in the right order.

Next we pinned the pieces together

And then sewed the pieces to each other

Ironed out the seams

And trimmed the edges

Sprayed adhesive to attach all of the pieces together

Quilted the pieces with the sewing machine and sewed on the binding

And finally...stand back and admire your beautiful end result!



This project was not a little one....it took several brains to pull it off! I sure am thankful that Nikki didn't give up on me and thankful that my mom was so willing to answer our questions and give good advice. While I love the end result and am so thrilled at how it turned out....I don't think I'll be taking up quilting any time soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to The Richter Zone. This blog is a collection of photos and stories of our life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP