Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bailey's Bedding

When we found out we were having a girl I knew we would have a hard time finding something pre-made that I would fall in love with....I'm just a little picky, I'll be the first to admit. After looking into some etsy shops I knew that price tag was out of the question so the next best solution was to make the bedding. My very talented mom...the ex-home economics teacher was just the fit for my next big project. Turns out she made all of our baby bedding when each of us girls were babies...I was in luck!

So the next task would be to find fabric that was reasonably priced that both Scott and I agreed on....that can be challenging at times. I should mention that before we got married we left the store we were registering at because we could not agree on a towel color for the bathroom....we've come a LONG way!! As luck would have it Hobby Lobby had the most adorable fabric and happened to be our second stop on our fabric hunt. We both fell in love with it and knew it was exactly what we were looking for!

So Saturday was the big day, the supplies were purchased, the fabric was washed and pressed and I was ready to go.

We set up our sewing machines in our dining room and the hard work continued all afternoon. Mom did the bumpers and I did the skirt...we were quite the team!


Jaxson even stepped in to hold the bumpers up to help in the process.


We could not be more excited about the end result! We have a few ties to add to the front and need to flatten out the stuffing a little more, but what a fun day and project to do with my mom!


Jaxson talked to my belly a couple of times last night saying "Bailey your bed is ready"! He even got in the bed and tested that it was just perfect....and he's right it IS just perfect!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to The Richter Zone. This blog is a collection of photos and stories of our life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP