Thursday, April 16, 2015

Five Years!

Today officially marks 5 years from the day we moved into the house. The memories of the whole process are still so clear- from buying the land, to buying the plans, to seeing walls come up, to every little decision and detail...it all came together and 5 years later we are still beyond blessed!

I love everything about where we live and I love everything about this house- it is our forever home...and if we had to move we would build this home all over again! 
My top 5 things I love about this house:
  1. Safety- my kids can ride their bikes up and down the driveway and not even go into the street, there's so much room for them to play and be safe. At night I can accidentally leave all doors unlocked and the garage open- and wake up in the morning and everything is still there. We can walk down the street and there's barely a car on the road.
  2. Friendship- we have the coolest neighbors- directly and indirectly around us. Our street does lots of block parties and even though our homes are spread apart I know pretty much everyone on our street. There's so many kids out here! Jaxson can hop on his bike and be at a friends house down the street and play until its time to eat dinner!
  3. Community- I love that we are in a small community for the school and sports. I love that we go to the football games and see the town show up. I love that we play sports with so many families that we are getting to know. I love that our kids go to schools where people share our values. This is the community we are proud to be a part of.
  4. Happiness- I love that we were able to put in this pool, that our home will become a place where our kids friends will want to hang out. That they can go into the game room and play inside- go in the driveway and have things to do out there. I love that Scott & I can sit on the porch and look at the stars at night. I love that we can be at home- but feel like we are on vacation!
  5. Family- The last and most important thing I love about this house is the people we get to enjoy it with and the memories we get to make. Jaxson learning to ride a bike for the first time, loosing his first tooth (and accidentally spitting it down the drain), Bailey coming home for the first time, taking her first steps. The memories are endless and its priceless that we can create them here in this wonderful home.
When Scott and I got married we danced to a John Michael Montgomery song called "Home to You"- throughout the song the lyrics talk about always coming Home to You. I love that song and I love how true it is to our life- no matter how the day goes- good or bad- I get to come home to you. We are so blessed not only to come home to each other and to our kids- but to come home to this house each and every day. This home has blessed us for 5 years and we are excited for MANY more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to The Richter Zone. This blog is a collection of photos and stories of our life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP