Saturday, November 24, 2012

Decorating

I always tell people that the best part about this time of the year is my kids. As Jaxson has gotten older the spirit of the Christmas holiday has more excitement. We have a tradition of decorating the tree the day after Thanksgiving, Jaxson will literally jump up and down while we are getting it ready. He gets so excited with each ornament and wants to fill the tree with everything in the box. I used to want that "Southern Living" style tree with the beautiful coordinating colors, the huge ribbon and the out of a magazine look....but I LOVE our tree! I love that each ornament tells a story, a memory, a stage in our life and that it is uniquely ours.

I love that we have Bailey this year to fill the tree with new ornaments, documenting the perfect addition to our family.
The tree is in a spot where Bailey's toys used to be so it should be interesting to see how well she does with the tree. During decorating our little reindeer kept a eye on the technique of her brother so she can help next year.
And last but not least...another favorite of mine is the mantel. I love the beautiful stockings, handmade by my grandmother! Each one unique and documenting hours of her hard work and love into each one.
So there you have it, a little glimpse into our Christmas traditions.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Welcome to The Richter Zone. This blog is a collection of photos and stories of our life.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP